Saturday, April 21, 2012

Sundried Tomato Baked Ricotta

Today I am going to visit a friend for afternoon tea who is gluten intolerant. I seem to know an increasing number or coeliacs and people with gluten intolerance.

This particular friend can have a little gluten but I try to avoid it. I don't happen to keep rice flour or gluten free flour on my shelf because there is no need for me to in general. I managed to make this particular friend's birthday cakes the last two years without it. One was that eternal classic the flourless chocolate cake and the other Middle-Eastern orange cake.

Today however I thought I had a recipe for cookies that used almonds and no flour but I remembered incorrectly and alas it uses flour. I can't tell you how much I don't want to make another run to the grocery store or even the corner store today. It's school holidays, it's super wet out there and I am trying to get some work done as well.

So to the fridge I went and found a tub of ricotta. So then I thought of doing a baked ricotta. I looked to see what ingredients I had an decided on this super simple dish.

Sundried Tomato Baked Ricotta

250g of ricotta
1 egg (beaten)
1 tablespoon of sundried tomato pesto
salt and pepper to taste.

1. Place all ingredients in a bowl and whisk together until smooth.
2. Spray a 1 cup ramekin with oil and pour in the ricotta mix.
3. Place on a baking tray and bake in a moderate oven (180C) for 40 minutes.
4. Allow to cool in ramekin then turn onto a plate and serve with crackers (rice in our case) and crudites (carrots, celery and capsicum in my case).

Enjoy!




No comments:

Post a Comment