Friday, March 2, 2012

March in the kitchen

If February or my calendar are any indication then March is going to be a pretty hectic old month. I blinked and missed February. I managed to make a photograph a few meals that I just never got to post here...nuts!

So I will be adding in the next few days:
  • Triple Chocolate Brownies
  • Chicken Florentine Stuffed Mushrooms
  • Brown Rice Pilaf
Meanwhile I also want to get some freezer cooking done because otherwise I can see us going hungry or eating lots of junk in the weeks ahead. I plan to make and will post recipes for among other things:
  • Zesty Chicken Enchiladas
  • Honey mustard chicken
  • Salmon quiche
  • Sweet potato crumble
  • Twice baked potato
  • Low-carb and gluten free Moussaka
I know when people do freezer or batch cooking they often do all recipes using all the same main ingredient eg all chicken or all minced meat/ground beef, but I don't really find that is any more efficient for me and I don't want too much of the same thing in the freezer either because we like variety.
I find too that if you a quick side or vegetable dish ready that you can reheat it is a real time saver because it really doesn't take too long to cook a steak and if you can add bagged salad and a nice twice baked potato well that dinner can be done in under 20 minutes.

So I will be back!

No comments:

Post a Comment