Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Florentine Stuffed Mushrooms

I really love mushrooms and stuffed mushrooms are the bomb! At my local shopping mall I saw some interesting stuffed mushrooms lately and decided to do my own version.

These combine several things we love in our house; chicken, spinach, cheese and mushrooms


This isn't a recipe as much as a concept I suppose because you could use lamb mince or beef or pork mince and it would be just as yummy. I used Swiss cheese to top my husband and my mushroom but tasty cheese on my daughter's. I think this is a yummy adaptable recipe that is full of flavour and low in carbs.

Florentine Stuffed Mushrooms

I combined chicken mince and herbs and pressed into the field mushrooms - obviously I removed their stems first.

I added the stems to my version of creamed spinach - spinach, chopped tomato, chopped mushroom, nutmeg, Parmesan - but I used cream cheese instead of cream. I did that so the mix would be thicker and not runny. I popped it on top of the chicken, added some Swiss cheese and baked for about 25 minutes.

Super yummy and inexpensive dinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment