Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Some recipes I would like to try...

Nothing too exciting happening here in the kitchen today. I have a piece of beef in the crockpot for dinner because I'm feeling lazy and low on iron. I'll make a sweet potato crumble to have with it later.

I was just surfing the net thinking about some recipes I have had on my "must try" list for a while.

For well over a year I have been planning to make gozlemes. I'm not sure why I put of making them. I think perhaps it is the thought of rolling that dough out so thin, but really they are cheap and easy and oh so yummy so I really must get onto this. I'm sure my daughter would enjoy helping with these and I stumbled upon a recipe in a magazine today so it must be a sign from the universe.

Similarly I have wanted to try pannacotta. I keep thinking I will do it when we have friends over and in the end I go for something tried and true, or something easier instead.

Ricotta gnocchi is also on the list. These always look so light and deliscious. They are not hard but I seem to buy the ricotta and end up using it in some other recipe. Another one I really shouldn't put off.

This week I am also definitely planning to make some caramel syrup for coffees. I did make some pumpkin spice latte syrup a couple of years back so I know it's not hard. Santa gave me some caramel syrup for Christmas so I think as the little bottle will be empty in a day or so I will make my own to refill it. I do try and drink coffee at home. I like to add the $4 a coffee out would have cost me to my savings jar. It makes me feel virtuous even though I am anything but most of the time.

I'll post the recipes and pictures for these things and the many many others on my list when I make them. I better go turn some withering berries into muffins for tomorrow's picnic now.

No comments:

Post a Comment